Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pause. Breathe.

I can finally now relax. Somewhat. I am a mom now, after all, so there's not a whole lot of relaxing to be done!


We just finally brought Baby D home today.


I've been trying to write Baby D's birth story when I can, but unfortunately, that story ended in a twelve-day stay in the Intensive Care Unit, so for the past week and a half, I've been living in the hospital. Today is the first day I finally got to hold my baby without a tangled mess of cords and monitors attached, and the first time I've gotten to breastfeed without a legion of nurses saying, "Okay, you have twenty minutes, let's see what you can do." Whew!


So I am very glad to be home. WITH Baby D! Well, I have some hard-core snuggling to do, so I'm off. Here's a picture for your daily megadose of cuteness!





3 comments:

  1. Oh! So unbelievably happy for you. I know that hospital time was rough for you, and I'm really amazed at how well you held up to the change in plans. I can't wait to see Oscar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, soak up all that baby goodness! Congrats (on Oscar and on Oscar being HOME)! We're very happy for you three.

    ReplyDelete